What is covered by this warranty?
BREO INTERNATIONAL SDN BHD (“Breo Malaysia”) warrants the Breo-branded hardware product and Breo-branded accessories contained in the original packaging against defects in material and workmanship when used normally in accordance with Breo’ published guideline for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser (“warranty Period”). Breo’s published guideline include but are not limited to information contained in technical specification and user manuals. Every products sold by Breo Malaysia with registered serial number, date of purchased and customer details will be covered by this warranty.
What is not covered by this warranty?
This Warranty does not apply to any non-Breo branded products, even if packaged or sold through a third-party seller or unauthorized seller. Manufacturers, suppliers or sellers other than Breo Malaysia may provide their own warranties to you. Please contact them for further information. Breo Malaysia does not warrant that the operation of the Breo products will be uninterrupted or error-free. Breo Malaysia is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the Breo Product’s Use.
The products are accepted for service subject to internal verification. The warranty does not apply:
- To consumable parts, such as Batteries or protective coatings that are designed to diminish over time, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship
- To cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents and broken plastic on ports
- To damage caused by use with another product
- To damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause
- To damage caused by operating the Breo Product outside Breo's published guidelines
- To damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not a representative of Breo
- To a Breo Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Breo
- To defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the Breo Product,
- Any serial number sticker bearing has been removed, wiped out, rubbed off or defaced from the Breo Product.
- To damaged caused by failure to clean or improper cleaning of the product
- Incorrect voltage or non-authorised electrical connections; exposure to excessive heat, moisture or dampness; adverse external conditions such as power surges and dips, thunderstorm activity, acts of God, acts of terrorism, damage caused by vermin, or any other act or circumstance beyond Breo’s control;
- To damaged caused by exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions
- Use of non-authorised/non-standard, defective or incompatible parts;
- Password setting/ resetting and computer virus;
- Repair, modification or other work carried out on the Breo product other than by Authorised Breo Service Personnel; and
- Any damage caused by micro sims where the product is not specifically designed to accept them.
- The warranty does not cover Breo products purchased in an auction and if Breo products have been rented or leased by customer.
If such cases, customer required to pay for the assessment or repair services.
Before receiving warranty service, Breo Malaysia or its agents may require that you furnish proof of purchase details, respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential issues and follow Breo Malaysia s procedures for obtaining warranty service. Before submitting your Breo Product for warranty service you should maintain a separate backup copy of the contents of equipment to retain data, including music, pictures, games and other personal information that you want to protect. It is highly recommended that you back up any data before leaving your device with us for repair. We are not responsible for the loss of any data or personal information you may suffer as a result of the repair service.
All items purchased must be used in accordance with the operational manual. Should goods not be used in accordance without referencing to the manual, Breo reserves the right to not provide in-warranty for misuse. In-Warranty is only for correct use and for Manufacturing Defects.
Any items gifted may have the in warranty of the goods voided should the customer not advise Breo of the end customer and confirm the customer has advised the person gifted the importance to read the instructions for use. More importantly Breo reserves the right to not transfer warranty on goods that are 2nd hand or where the goods are mis-used due to gifting.
During warranty service the contents of the storage media will be deleted and reformatted. Breo and its agents are not responsible for any loss of software programs, data or other information contained on the storage media or any other part of the Breo product services.
Following warranty service, customer’s Breo Product or a replacement product will be returned to you as your Breo product was configured when originally purchased within 3 months if warranty claimed after 7 days purchase date. Breo assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the storage and safe keeping of the product. Failure to collect goods within 30 working days will deem the product unwanted which will result in disposal of goods. Disposal means the goods will be sold to recover costs of repairs. The company reserves the right to act on this without notice.
This Warranty is not transferable to a new owner or for a product leased or rented, unless approved by Breo and in writing. We reserve the right to not transfer.
Important: Do not open the Breo Product. Opening the Breo Product may cause damage that is not covered by this warranty. Only Breo Malaysia or Breo Manufacturer should perform service on this Breo Product. Breo do not refund for customer if customer change his/her mind.
What will Breo Malaysia do in the event the warranty is breached?
If during the Warranty Period you submit a valid claim to Breo Malaysia, Breo Malaysia will, at its option:
- One-on-One replacement for same product within 7 days based on proof of purchase and providing the goods are in their original condition and have original packaging if diagnosis technical issues or program errors. Terms and conditions applied.
- Repair the Breo Product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or
- Replace the Breo Product with a product that is at least functionally equivalent to the Breo Product.
- Exchange the product with equivalent functionality formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability or with your consent, a product that is at least functionally equivalent to the product it replaces
Breo Malaysia, assumes the remaining warranty of the Breo Product or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for you. Warranty does not cover additional faults which may occur, and which are unrelated to the original fault. When a product or part is replaced or a refund provided, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced or refunded item becomes Breo Malaysia’s property.
By accepting quotation for repair, the customer agrees to pay for the repair charges after services is completed. Full payment must be made upon collection in outlets if warranty is not covered.
If the event of warranty is breached, you may require a non-refundable delivery charge and service charges to be paid in advance for Breo Malaysia to reviewing your product. The delivery charge and service charge does not include additional labour and parts. The goods must be returned to Breo Malaysia Head Office at client’s cost.
How to obtain warranty service?
If the Breo Product is still not functioning properly after making use of these resources, please contact Breo representative, by email at email@example.com or by visit to Breo Malaysia local store. Please provide invoice number, name, date of purchased and product information in the email for verification purposes. A Breo representative will help determine whether your Breo Product requires service and, if it does, will inform you how Breo Malaysia will provide it.
- Mail-in service. All Breo products purchased online from Breo Malaysia Official Account or social media will entitled for main-in services. If Breo Malaysia determines that your Breo Product is eligible for warranty, you may ship your Breo Product to a location in accordance with Breo Malaysia's instructions. Once service is complete, we will return the Breo Product to you. Breo Malaysia will pay for shipping to your location if all instructions are followed.
- Service where Breo Malaysia does not require return of the replaced product or part. Breo Malaysia will ship you free of charge a replacement product or part accompanied by instructions on installation, if applicable, and any requirements for the disposal of the replaced product or part.
Breo Malaysia reserves the right to change the method by which Breo Malaysia may provide warranty service to you, and your Breo Product's eligibility to receive a particular method of service. Service will be limited to the options available in the country where service is requested. Service options, parts availability and response times may vary according to country. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the Breo Product cannot be serviced in the country it is in. If you seek service in a country that is not the original country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, service charges. and other associated taxes and charges. Where international service is available, Breo Malaysia may repair or replace products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards.
No Breo Malaysia reseller, agent, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired. This warranty is governed by and construed under the laws of the country in which the Breo Product purchase took place. Breo is identified at the end of this document according to the country or region in which the Breo Product purchase took place. Breo Malaysia or its successor in title is the warrantor under this warranty.